A few things to know when you tune a guitar with a locking vibrato system
• If your guitar is slightly out of tune use the fine-tuners on the guitar bridge to tune your instrument, instead of tuning machines on the headstock.
Apart from that, the tuning process is the same as I described back in the tuning a guitar tutorial.
• If a string is completely out of tune use the tuning machine to roughly bring the pitch to its normal level and after that the fine-tuners for precise tuning.
2. Set the fine tuners about the middle of their tuning range so that later you'll have some room to wind the fine-tuner in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions.
3. Tune the string with the any of the 3 methods from the previous article winding the peg of the tuning machine on the headstock.
4. Firmly tighten the locking bracket back.
5. Use the fine-tuners to perform fine adjustments if necessary.
Move to Changing Electric Guitar Strings Tutorial